Saturday, February 28, 2009

New found Passion.

I have neglected the blog for a while, since I have started a new project after I finished the beautiful hair salon set up and renovation in Melbourne. It took almost 5 months to start to the end. My client is very pleased how the shop came out. My next project is to set up an overseas textile company in Melbourne. As I love the textile I am in love with this project. I can't wait to show offf soon.(smile) in the meantime, I started one of my passion to do own upholstery project. Its been 5 weeks and I started my DH's ugly but comfy Arm chair and one of my French Louis chair.. I am proud how it came out so far..

My old louis chair. It was pretty as is but became my test object.

I stripped the fabric and painted white to achieve shabby look..
t took 2 lessons to do up to this point.

Making a pattern to cut the form inside to support the back.

Started to positioned the fabric. I am using "French Toile" English Country

Finished the stapling the fabric..
Added the strong fabric to support the back of the chair.

Voila!!!

Back of the chair is almost done, still need to hide all the staples with gimp.
Arm pattern is in the position.
I love how all came out together. It look very french shabby..(smile).Stay tune for the finish product..

Julie xx

2 comments:

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

AWWWW EEKKSS!!! I LOVE IT!!! well done!! cannot wait to see the end product!!
mands

gina said...

I Love the chair. Great job!