Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gifts from Korea..

I love all things about French, I bought Vicki's first book when it came out and was wondering if I could translate into Korean(Yes, my first language is Korean, getting really bad at the moment, sigh~ even my hubby don't speak Korean noticed. LOL). Translating a good English book in Korean is in one of my to do lists. I will need to study Korean before I do that.(smile)

Yesterday, our postman delivered a parcel and I was surprise to find what was in the box.
Korean Version of "My French Life " It is smaller than original book, but look so adorable .
I am excited to read all my Korean Books especially " My French Life " in Korean.




These were what was in the box , all the way from Korea
All about French..

Purple cover book is written by Korean Interior Decorator who travelled Provence for a month.
titled " Houses of Provence"


Inside of " Houses of Provence"

I will have fun reading all these books.
Hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you are.
Julie xx

8 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Julie
How fabulous!!! I love the look of the Korean Title on the cover.. looks great with the cover photo...

You know.. I recently bought Vicki's second book.. and am ashamed to say it is somewhere in a box unpacked... I'll be very happy when i find it's hiding place .. I was so excited to buy it and then had to move.. Have fun with your books.. xxx Julie [in Sydney]

PS.. will email soon..

vicki archer said...

Hello Julie,
Thank you so much for the lovely post. I think that the Korean version is the cutest edition and I hope one day that my publishers re-produce the original like that....would be fun to have. xv

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
What a lovely post. Would love to get my hands on the "houses of Provence".

Enjoy them!

xo

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

Ohh great Gifts!!! Stunning images!!

Shane Pollard said...

Hello Julie
I love your blog and arrived here via Coté Provence.
You and I are soul mates as I love everything French as well! Maybe we both lived there in some previous life - we could have been friends!!
This is a lovely post about your wonderful parcel from Korea which included Vicky's book - I think it's my most FAVE book.
I have it on my coffee table and look at it every day!!

Do come and visit me and I'll get out my prettiest teacups and make you very welcome!
Take care
Shane

ceecee said...

How much fun to see that smaller edition of 'French Essence' in Korean. Don't you love Carla's photography? Enjoy your wonderful selection, Julie.

Catherine

Fabulously French said...

What fun you are going to have reading all those fabulous books. Love the idea that Vicki's 2nd book comes in a petit version aussi.

A tres bientot,

Leeann x

Paula said...

Hi Julie, I've just stumbled accross your wonderful blog and I LOVE it. Such beautiful things, and I too share you love of French style - well done!